- About Council
- Our Communities
- The Shire
- Our Services
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Council currently has two Council Committees, the Finance & Audit Committee and the CEO Performance Review Committee. Council formed committees are an important part of Council and may assist Council to undertake specific roles and functions when a full Council is not formed.
Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance & Audit Committee assists the Council to oversee the allocation of the local government's finances and resources. Specifically it undertakes the financial management roles of Council in the months that the Council does not meet. The Finance & Audit Committee meets once every second month (in between Council meetings).
- Ensures the annual budget is aligned with the Business Plan.
- Monitors and reports on financial performance against the annual budget and the Business Plan.
- Formulates strategies to improve the Council's financial position.
- Makes executive financial decisions on behalf of Council when the matter cannot be held over until the next ordinary Council meeting.
- Monitors compliance with appropriate legislative and accounting standards.
The Finance & Audit Committee comprises of the Shire President Adrian Dixon, Crs William Johnson and Robert Robertson.
CEO Performance Review Committee
The CEO Performance Review Committee meets to review the CEO’s Performance and makes recommendations to the Council regarding performance matters. The Committee meets approximately two times a year but may convene more regularly if required.
The CEO Performance Review Committee comprises of the Shire President Adrian Dixon and Councillors Norbert Patrick, Elizabeth Bird and Georgina Wilson.