People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Aged & Disability Services Manager and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination for the Aged & Disability Services team in particular Ti Tree, Willowra, Engawala and Atitjere.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effect support in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated high standard of computer skills including use of Client Information Management systems, online reporting systems and other computer software applications.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of community development principles and relevant experience in a similar community service support/administration role.
- Demonstrated effective customer service with an ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills and a sound knowledge of work force support and supervision.
- Demonstrated understating of time management techniques, the ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility to adapt to changing operation demands and timelines.
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel to remote communities.
- Knowledge of Aged and Disability Care programs.
- Qualifications in a related discipline.
- Experience in events management and/or in creating media communication and materials.
- Knowledge of WH&S principles and the ability to promote them in the workplace
Contact person: Marie Rayeroux – Aged & Disability Services Manager on 08 8958 9555 or email marie.rayeroux @centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.