Full time position with a fixed term contract to end of December 2017.
Salary $55,350 per annum.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Children’s Services Coordinator and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for coordinating and implementation of the day to day activities and operations of the Childcare Program.
The purpose of this position is to build capacity of individuals to take on a role in running the Child Care/Crèche services
The ideal candidate will have:
- A willingness to work towards taking on leaderships roles within Children Services.
- Experience in the delivery of Children’s Services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved with Child Care.
- Possession of a Working with Children Card and a current police check.
- Ensure Work Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in remote communities.
- Hold a Certificate 3 in Children Services and a willingness to study Diploma in Children Services with support from the Coordinator.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Child Care Services or similar is highly desirable.
- Previous work within remote communities and a proven ability to create positive working relationships within a cross cultural environment.
For more information and help with the application please go to the CDP Office or contact the Yuendumu Early Childhood Coordinator Margaret Leithhead on 0427 245 135.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package. Applicants need to address the selection criteria in writing and submit an "Application for Advert Form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com