Salary $31.90 per hour.
This is a Casual position, hours will vary.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Community Safety Patrol Team Leader in accordance with the NT Night Patrol Operational Framework and the CDRC Operational Plan, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for:
Maintaining peace and harmony in the community; engaging the community in planned community safety patrol promotional activities as coordinated by the Team Leader, Community Safety, and Youth and Communities Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and to resolve conflict.
- Good problem solving skills, with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to support the Team Leader in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow reasonable instructions from supervisors.
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, cross-cultural issues.
- Willingness to undertake Training as determined by the Central Desert Council Youth and Communities directorate.
- To hold a current NT C class driver’s licence.
- To hold, or able to obtain an NT Working with Children “Ochre” card
- Willingness to undergo training to obtain First Aid certification
For more information and help with the application please go to the CDP Office or contact Youth & Community Coordinator – Atitjere, David Fleming on (08) 8956 9787.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org