Salary Level 6, $71,568 – 76,255 per annum plus highly subsidised accomodation.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the general direction of the Coordinator CDP Activities and CDP Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for engaging CDP participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills for future employment opportunities. This position will ensure the successful implementation and delivery of regular CDP activities in remote communities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications and experience or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Ability to work with unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers.
- Ability to supervise CDP projects
- An ability to actively listen, interpret and provide meaningful
- A strong ability to build positive relationships with community leaders and staff families where appropriate.
- A good understanding of the council’s current employment arrangements or a willingness to acquire this knowledge.
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required
Possession of relevant mentoring qualifications and experience.
Contact Person: Tania Liddle, CDP Acitivity Coordinator on 0439 805 448
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com