Salary Level 6, $72,283.92 per annum.
For cultural reasons, the applicant must be Female.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the general direction of the Activity Coordinator, CDP Manager and Council Service Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for supervising and engaging CDP participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills for future employment opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications and experience or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Ability to work with unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers.
- Ability to supervise CDP projects
- An ability to actively listen, interpret requirements and provide meaningful feedback and support to CDP participants.
- A strong ability to build positive relationships with community leaders, staff and families where appropriate.
- A good understanding of the council’s current employment arrangements or a willingness to acquire this knowledge.
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required.
- Possession of relevant mentoring qualifications and experience.
Contact Person: Katherine Mary Hams, CDP Operations Manager - on 0439 805 448
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com