Salary Level 3, $55,903 per annum.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Council Service Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for supporting the Council Service Manager in the management of the Community by providing clerical, administrative, operational support and to liaise with visitors to the Community.
Mentoring all trainees and Council employees and assisting in the transferring of skills in a crosscultural environment
The ideal candidate will have:
• Effective written, oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with a wide range of people from diverse cultures with respect and courtesy.
• Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and human resource principles.
• A high level of client focus with the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
• Proven ability to work professionally in a team and maintain integrity and confidentiality.
• Agreement to undertake an NT Police Criminal History check and hold a current C Class drivers license.
• Knowledge of the NT Local Government computer systems.
• Knowledge of Work Health and Safety principles..
Contact person:Renee Croton – Council services manager - Nyirripi on 08 8956 8720 or email Renee.Croton@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com