Salary Level 4, $61,583.83 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the Governance Manager in discharging corporate governance responsibilities. The role is primarily responsible for the secretarial support to the 13 Local Authority and Council committees that Central Desert Regional Council facilitates. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, the ability to communicate clearly in writing and be consistent in their approach to routine documentation
This role requires a substantial amount of overnight travel to remote communities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous administrative experience in a secretarial role or in support/coordination role with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working in an environment where efficiency and attention to detail are required
- Ability to manage competing priorities with constant interruptions whilst remaining organised
- Strong capacity to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Willingness to travel to, and stay in remote aboriginal communities frequently
- 4WD experience or a willingness to undertake training
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, preferably elders and senior staff
- Knowledge of the role and function of Local Government
Contact person:Governance Manager, Libby Nuss on 08 8958 9500 or email email@example.com
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Due to the urgent need to fill this position, Council will review applications as and when they are received and will shortlist, interview and appoint a suitable candidate from the application/applications received.