Due to the urgent need to fill this position, Council will review applications as and when they are received and will shortlist, interview and appoint a suitable candidate from the application/applications received.
Salary Level 7, salary $79,385.00 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is operating under the direction of the Governance Manager and in close association with the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with the Regional Council Corporate plans and policies and relevant legislations. This position is responsible for ensuring Council's desired image is communicated effectively.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Formal qualifications in marketing, communications or a related field and work experience in a similar role
- Experience in graphic design
- Ability to manage communications projects from beginning to end
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both verbal and written including an ability to communicate with a diverse range of audiences
- Self motivated and organised with previous experience working to legislated deadlines
- An eye for detail and attention to accuracy
- Ability to take quality photographs
- Willingness to travel to remote communities
- C class drivers license
- Ochre card & criminal history check or willingness to obtain
- Previous experience in local government
*If shortlisted, applicants will be asked to submit two examples of their work in each of the following areas: social media, web site management, written communication, graphic design and photography.
Contact person for further information : Libby Nuss, Governance Manager on 08 8958 9522, or email libby.nuss@ centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and must address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org