Salary Level 6 $72,283 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading and subsidised rent.
Please ensure you address the Selection Criteria attached.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position operates under the general direction of the CDP Operations Manager and Case Management Coordinator, and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation. The position is responsible for engaging CDP participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills for future employment opportunities, and to ensure the successful implementation and delivery of regular CDP activities. The position will also be required to support the CDP Activity Supervisor in assessing the needs of disadvantaged job seekers, assisting them to gain sustainable employment by preparing and implementing individualised plans, and providing employment skills, training, placement and support services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid experience in Employment Services and an understanding of strategies to address barriers to employment.
- Ability to work with unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers.
- Ability to supervise CDP projects.
- A strong ability to build positive relationships with community leaders, staff and families where appropriate.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; i.e. good listener, empathy and well developed emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated high levels of professionalism, compliance and attention to detail.
- Sound computer literacy and data management skills.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage time and work loads.
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required.
- Experience working in cross cultural environments, including remote Aboriginal Australia.
Contact Person: Katherine Mary Hams, Regional Manager - CDP on 0439 805 448
(This position is full time until the 30 June 2019 and may be ongoing subject to funding)
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be emailed to:email@example.com