Salary Level 8, $86,957per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for managing the governance, compliance and communications services of the Central Desert Regional Council. The role leads and manages service plans and projects in a governance capacity relating to elected and appointed members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities, as well as communications and public relations work as well as monitoring and reporting on progress against our Regional Plan
The ideal candidate will have:
- Management qualifications and, a minimum of, five years experience in a similar role. Strong general management skills.
- Proven knowledge of local government in the NT or other state.
- Ability to translate and drive outcomes from the Regional Plan in Compliance and Communications.
- Demonstrated well-developed skills and experience in achieving results, identification and management of issues and required actions.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to talk to and convey complex information to a broad variety of stakeholders.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Well developed skills in risk management.
Contact Person: Chris Kendrick Director Corporate Services on 8958 9531 or email: Chris.Kendrick@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org