Salary Level 8 $86,957.48 per annum plus highly subsidised accommodation.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Regional Services Manager - West and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation. The position is responsible for core services, contract services, staff management, capital works, council assets, strategic development, finance and administration, stakeholder relations and community development.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience living and working in remote Indigenous communities, preferably with a Regional Council or similar service provider and an awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote location,
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, business excellence and career advancement.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a range of service delivery activities and programs in a collaborative manner,
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop staff from a range of backgrounds including delegation skills to achieve outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience in the control and reporting of annual budgets.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to foster sound working relationships, engage and influence key community members and stakeholders.
• Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
• Current C-class drivers licence
• Relevant management or technical tertiary qualifications
• Willingness to undertake further studies and professional development.
Contact Person: Matthew Wharton, Regional Services Manager - East on 8958 9583.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com