Salary Level 5 $66,413-$69,226 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Operations Coordinator Children’s Services and in accordance with Council’s corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for implementing the daily operations of the Child Care in Nyirripi.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Minimum Diploma of Early Childhood qualifications and experience in program planning and the delivery of Early Childhood program ensuring high quality care.
- Experience in mentoring, supporting and motivating staff members in a related field and/or working within multicultural or Indigenous environments.
- Experience in building strong, supportive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved with Children Services.
- Demonstrated understanding of Work, Health and Safety Regulations and food safety requirements related to Early Childhood programs.
Contact person: Kerrie Leonard, Children's Services Operations Coordinator on 0417 973 541.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked 'Confidential' and emailed to email@example.com.