Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director of Community Services, this position will have responsibility for a range of strategic projects and economic development opportunities as well as strategic and performance management of the Community Development Program including identifying, researching, quantifying and pursuing enterprise opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
• Demonstrated business acumen and experience of a commercial nature.
• Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and managing high level and strategic community and economic development programs.
• The ability to interpret financial information and manage external funding;
• Proven experience of analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high level working relationships with government, industry and community stakeholders;
• Willingness to travel to a range of service delivery centres throughout Central Desert Regional Council.
• Formal qualifications/experience in Business, Commerce, Management, Community Development, or other related discipline.
• Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class drivers license
• Knowledge of Local Government functions and responsibilities, and procedures and processes.
Contact person: John Gaynor, Director of Community Services on 08 8958 9527 or 0428 849 520.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form.
Applications should be addressed to CDRC Recruitment Team and marked ‘Confidential’ – PO Box 2257, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0871 or emailed to email@example.com.