Salary Level 1, $42,547.24 per annum pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of Early Childhood Coordinator – Yuendumu and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for coordinating and implementation of the day to day activities and operations of the Early Childhood Program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment
- The ability to work with all families within the community
- Understanding of Child supervision and the ability to prepare and cook nutritious meals
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with families involved with Early Childhood.
- Ensure Work Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- Willingness to work in remote communities.
- Possession of a current Ochre card and a current police check.
- Ability to study Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, First Aid, Food Handlers and WH&S training
- Carry out other duties as requested by Coordinator.
- Holds Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Hold current First Aid, Food Handlers or WH&S training
- Previous work within remote communities and a proven ability to create positive working relationships within a cross cultural environment.
Contact person for further information : Kerrie Leonard on 08 8958 9510 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package. Applicants need to address the selection criteria in writing and submit an "Application for Advert" Form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com