Salary Level 7/8 $78,599.14 - $91,721.38 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Homelands Manager and in accordance with Council’s corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for managing Council’s delivery of municipal and essential services and housing management to Utopia homelands ensuring that they are effectively implemented and all reporting requirements are met including representing the Council in meetings with a range of key agencies and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, delivering and managing a number of different programs related to municipal, essential and housing services to small communities in rural and remote locations.
- Experience in project management of maintenance and capital works.
- Strong strategic and decision making skills with an analytical and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent financial management skills and the ability to interpret financial information and manage external funding.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders, resolve conflict and competently write reports in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and contract administration.
- Willingness to travel to a range of remote communities and service delivery centres.
- Knowledge of risk management and the principles of workplace health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace.
- Current drivers licence.
Further information: Glenn Marshall, Homelands Services Manager by phone on 08 8958 9520 or 0423 643 675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com