Salary Level 10, $108,735.06
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position operates under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer and the Director Corporate Services and in accordance with Central Desert Regional Council’s corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation.
The objectives of the position are:
• To implement and maintain professional human resource practices and systems throughout Council.
• To develop and implement human resource policies as outlined in the Local Government Act and as required by Council.
• To effectively contribute, as a member of the Council’s management team, to the management of the Council.
• To promote a safe and harmonious work environment within a diverse and cross-cultural work place.
• To provide leadership and advice to the Executive Management Team on all human resource functions and industrial relations matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree qualifications in human resources management or related fields.
• Demonstrated experience (minimum three years) in senior human resources management roles.
• An awareness of employment-based issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and the ability to effectively operate in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience in organisational change management.
• Demonstrated experience in providing strategic advice plus defining and influencing strategic direction on matters covered by this position.
• Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management and employees from all levels of the organisation and all other Council stakeholders.
• Experience in human resources systems to support carrying out all aspects of this position.
• Experience in Local Government or similar.
• Ability to drive a 4WD vehicle.
Contact person: Suzanne Lollback - Act. Human Resources Manager on (08) 8958 9522, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com