Salary Level 9 $96,470.23
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director Infrastructure, this position will manage the planning and delivery of Infrastructure Projects for Council including development and use of excellent project management systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Technical Requirements
- Diploma in Project Management or relevant equivalent from an Australian University or a recognised overseas equivalent ,
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, (2-5 years), using best practice,
- Experience in delivery of roads construction/rehabilitation programs, building construction/rehabilitation programs and/or essential service development programs
- Class C Drivers Licence,
- WH&S Construction Induction (White)Card or willingness to get one,
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Access and to operate job related software e.g. Civilcad, Autocad, Mapinfo etc ,
2. Other Requirements
- Proven and demonstrable ability to manage the key responsibilities for this position,
- Thorough, systematic approach to project management following established procedures
- Ability to develop productive working and interpersonal relationships, including team, negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Demonstrated effective staff management
- Willingness to be accountable and operate in a transparent fashion.
- Knowledge of risk management and the principles of work health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high level working relationships with managers, co-workers, government, industry and community stakeholders;
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Willingness to travel to a range of service delivery centres
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History check
- Previous experience in Local Government.
- Completion of relevant training courses and Certificates.
Contact person: Director Infrastructure & Assets, Greg Buxton, on 08 8958 9533 or 0419 825 467, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attenton of the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com