Salary Level 6 $71,568.35
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Infrastructure Projects Manager and in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for contributing to the delivery of capital works and construction projects across the Council. Typical works could include the construction and upgrade of buildings and facilities, construction and upgrade of roads and other minor civil works.
The Infrastructure Projects Officer will work closely with other staff to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner, in accordance with grant terms and conditions, in accordance with appropriate quality standards and to achieve outcomes in accordance with the Council’s strategic plan. This position offers the opportunity to experience and undertake a broad range of construction work in a number of remote locations. It requires the ability to assess and resolve problems, to develop innovative solutions that meet the needs of the different local contexts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary, professional or trade qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration and management of civil engineering projects.
- Sound knowledge and experience preparing cost estimates.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing project documentation including project briefs, design briefs, work scopes, and tender documents.
- Ability to assess tenders, and make recommendations regarding appropriate contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in project supervision, work inspection, quality and quantity assessment and associated reporting.
- Well-developed information technology skills including MS Office and substantial knowledge of computer based design programs including AutoCAD 2015.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment to achieve defined outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of WHS & environmental management issues.
- Current NT driver’s licence and ability to travel to remote locations on unsealed roads.
- Experience in building and road construction techniques.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations
Contact person: Director Infrastructure & Assets, Greg Buxton, on 08 8958 9533 or 0419 825 467, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com