Salary Level 9, Remuneration Package $107,049 including salary, superannuation and leave loading plus generous leave provisions are available to the right applicant depending on qualifications and level of experience, (including Salary $95,992 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading).
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director Community Services and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position is responsible for coordinating and supporting sustainable delivery of youth, sport, recreation and community safety services in the remote communities in the Central Desert Regional Council area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- A Bachelor Degree or higher qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of of Indigenous Youth, Sport and Recreation Programs or Indigenous Community Safety Programs or related field.
- Experience in financial, human resource and contract management including the ability to prepare, monitor and manage a significant Program budget.
- Demonstrated understanding of development through the lifespan and how this informs service development and delivery.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of and experience in community development practices.
- High level analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise, consult and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders, produce complex reports and interpret contracts, policies, guidelines and legislation
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including an ability to manage, motivate and develop a team with diverse backgrounds, experiences and qualifications.
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding of developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety requirements.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History check, hold a current C Class drivers license (Manual) and a willingness to undertake 4WD training and travel to remote communities by road or air.
Contact person: John Gaynor - Director of Community Services - on 0428 849 520.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com