Salary Level 7 $79,385 per annum Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Manager Youth & Communities and in accordance with Council plans and policies and relevant legislation, this position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination of services in a discrete area. This includes a contribution to strategic planning, oversight of the appropriate deployment of human and financial resources including day-to-day service-budget management, implementation of the Program’s communication strategy, monitoring WH&S compliance and assisting in building the capacity of the Youth and Communities Program team. It is expected that the role will be a centre of expertise with a specialist knowledge of contemporary practices in either Youth Sport and Recreation or Community Safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective support in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated high level experience working in the Youth Sport and Recreation or Community Safety or related fields
- An understanding of development through the lifespan and how this influences service planning & delivery
- A demonstrated understanding of community development principles and their practical application to the remote Aboriginal community context
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading and motivating teams including strong team building and management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience change management.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and management of funding agreements, contracts, policies and procedures.
- Experience in the development and management of budgets.
- High-level analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills including online reporting systems and other computer software applications.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety requirements.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History check, hold a current C Class driver’s license (Manual) and a willingness to undertake 4WD training and travel to remote communities by road or air.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field.
- Experience in news media communication and graphic design i.e. Photos, Posters, pamphlets, and short movies.
- Experience in producing complex documents i.e. Newsletters, Media releases, grant applications, official meeting minutes and recruitment paperwork etc.
- Possession of Certificate III or IV in Youth Work, Sport and Recreation or community safety will be an advantage.
- Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage.
- 4WD experience.
- First Aid Certificate
Contact person: Jacob Khumalo – Youth & Communities Manager on 08 8958 9256 or email Jacob.Khumalo@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.