APPLICATIONS WILL BE ASSESSED ON RECEIPT AND SUITABLE CANDIDATES SELECTED.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Based in Alice Springs. Salary Level 10 $108,735 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager who is aspiring to further their management career and take their career to a whole new level. It is also a wonderful opportunity for a senior manager to enjoy the ecitement of leading and working with a team that provides Community Development Programs.
This position is the pivotal role for the Community Development Program and will provide leadership and direction to all staff within this program through guidance and encouragement in line with the organisation's objectives and corporate values.
In addition to strong leadership skills and relevant experience, the successful candidate will need to positively influence team culture and business performance. The CDP Manager is expected to liaise with key stakeholders including government, non government and industry stakeholders to promote employment opporunities in the region.
- Awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated business acumen, strong risk management and execution, ability to develop business cases.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and managing high level and strategic community development and or employment programs.
- The ability to interpret financial information and manage external funding.
- Proven experience of analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high level working relationships with government, industry and community stakeholders.
- Formal qualifications/experience in Business, Commerce, Management, Community Development, or other related discipline.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class drivers licence.
- Strong executive management skills and ability to act as a champion for Central Desert policy, procedure and values.
A confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting Diane Hood on 08 8958 9530. Diane.Hood@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
Canvassing of Councillors will disqualify intending applicants from consideration.
To apply for this position please download the detailed information package and apllication for advertised vacancy form. Applicants MUST address the selection criteria detailed in the information package and also need to submit the "Application for Advertised Vacancy" form.
Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com
Attractive working conditions include 6 weeks annual leave, 9.5 % superannuation, generous personal and bereavement leave, salary sacrificing scheme – including a private use vehicle,, relocation and business expenses.