Based at Alice Springs with an obligation of travelling and working in the remote locations of the Regional Council as and when required.
Salary Level 3, $55,627 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Team Leader Roads and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for:
- Assisting the Team Leader Roads where directed to manage the Roads teams day to day performance.
- Under limited supervision, assist the Team Leader Roads in the maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, essential services, waste management facilities and other Council infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to manage time and organise own work and that of subordinate employees.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- A sound knowledge, experience and ability to lead a team in a cross cultural environment involved in the maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, waste management facilities and Council infrastructure,
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of anti-discrimination and fair treatment of employees, and workplace Health and safety requirements as applicable to the position.
- Experience in operating plant machinery such as backhoes, skid steers, tipper trucks and tractors
- An ability to apply skills learnt through training
- Current Police Clearance ( no more than 3 months old)
Contact Person: Nishantha Perera, Roads Manager, email Nishantha.Perera@centraldesert.nt.gov.au or call 0457 304 239.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to: email@example.com