Salary Level 3/4, $55,350 - $65,192 per annum plus highly subsidised accommodation.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Council Service Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for supporting the Council Service Manager in the management of the Community by providing clerical, administrative, operational support and to liaise with visitors to the Community.
Mentoring all trainees and Council employees and assisting in the transferring of skills in a crosscultural environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross‐cultural environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and a basic knowledge of human resource management and
- administrative principles.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills with an ability to liaise with internal and
- external clients orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and computer keyboard skills of a high standard, with
- emphasis on word processing and spreadsheets.
- Sound knowledge of Service Centre Delivery financial recording and reporting systems.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with an ability to manage competing
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class drivers license
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
Contact person: Deb Wearne, Council Service Manager on 08 8956 8781
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org