Salary Level 7 $79,385 per annum Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Manager of Youth and Communities and in accordance with Council’s plans and policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for supporting the service development of quality Youth and Community Services across the region. The role will include contribution to the Program’s overall strategic planning, the review of service quality and the development, implementation and monitoring of a regional Quality Improvement Strategy for the Youth and Communities Program. In addition, the Service Development Coordinator will take responsibility for project management of Youth & Communities Programs undergoing restructure to become more sustainable services or transitioning to independent Aboriginal organisations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment (Not new).
- Demonstrated experience in service development and continuous quality improvement, preferably in the areas of youth development, sport and recreation or community safety programs
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading or motivating teams including strong team building and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of services to remote Aboriginal communities and the principles of Community Development
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and management of funding agreements and contracts
- Experience in the development and management of budgets
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to;
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people;
- Consult and negotiate with Government agencies and external stakeholders
- Use computer programs to produce appropriate and effective reports in a timely manner
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Current C Class driver’s license and a willingness to travel to remote communities.
- Meets the requirements of the NT Care and Protection of Children Act and be prepared to undergo a Federal Police criminal History check.
- Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Experience in new media communication and graphic design i.e. Photos, Posters, pamphlets, and short movies.
- Experience in producing complex documents i.e. Newsletters, Media releases, grant applications, official meeting minutes and recruitment paperwork etc.
- Possession of Certificate III or IV in Youth Work, Sport and Recreation or community safety will be an advantage.
- Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage.
- 4WD experience.
- First Aid Certificate
Contact person: Jacob Khumalo – Youth & Communities Manager on 08 8958 9256 or email Jacob.Khumalo@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.