Salary Level 4/5 $60,974.20- $69,226.10 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for:
- Operating under the direction of the Homelands Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for undertaking works in homelands15 homelands located within the Central Desert Council region (excluding Utopia homelands), homelands, and supervising and mentoring Council Field Workers Homelands. The role includes municipal and essential services management, and housing management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Willingness to travel regularly to homelands and service delivery centres.
- HR truck Licence, experience with loading and towing machines
- Willingness to provide training and mentoring to Aboriginal workers.
- Trade certificate and/or experience in essential, municipal and housing services, preferably in Aboriginal community context.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of risk management and the principles of occupational health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace.
- Current c-class drivers licence.
Contact Person: Glenn Marshall - Homelands Manager on 08 8958 9520 / 0423 643 675 or email: email@example.com
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org