Salary Level 7 $79,385.03 per annum plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the delivery of Youth and Community Services across a discrete region, including the development and coordination of training and professional development requirements for all Youth & Communities employees.
Operating within the Community Services Directorate this position organisationally reports to the Manager of Children’s Services this position will work closely with Community Services Program Managers to design and facilitate sustainable training programs linked to the Community Services Strategic plan. The position will operate in accordance with Council plans and policies and relevant legislation, and is responsible for facilitating the implementation of all Community Services training plans with a focus on up-skilling and building the capacity and wellbeing of Community Services workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Community Services management to ensure staff training requirements identified across Community Services business units are in line with programs’ strategic goals.
• Provide advice and support to Community Services managers and coordinators, to develop and implement individual professional development plans for employees.
• Work with Community Services managers to ensure all Community Services Programs meet their training obligations identified in each Program’s funding agreements.
• In consultation with Community Services Management and the Manager of HR, develop an overall Community Services Directorate Annual Training Plan that captures Program priorities.
• Provide regular support and advice to Community Services management and coordinators to ensure that knowledge from training is embedded into day to day service delivery practice and ensures continuous improvement in service delivery across the Community Services Programs.
• Deliver frontline training in each community focusing on increasing awareness around dealing with trauma, DV, mandatory reporting and elder abuse in each community per year.
• Where appropriate and in consultation with Community Services Managers, design, develop and deliver specific purpose non-accredited training modules and staff in-service training modules for community service employees.
• Work closely with a range of RTOs to ensure training is consistently delivered to all Community Services teams in a culturally appropriate and cost effective manner and linked to the Community Services directorate strategic goals.
• Conduct periodic training audits across the Community Services Program and provide accurate reports to management detailing progress on identified training plans for Community Services teams.
• As part of Community Services team working in a cross-cultural environment, work collaboratively with all team members.
• Promote a safe and healthy work environment in line with council’s WHS policy and maintain Community Services resources in line with council’s policies and applicable legislation.
• Develop a visiting plan to travel to Community Services business units in remote communities to provide on-the job mentoring for coordinators and supervisors managing Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal staff participating in training.
• Carry out any other duties as requested by Community Services management.
Contact Person: Kerrie Leonard - A. Childrens Service Manager on 08 8958 9510 or email@example.com.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org