No accommodation will be offered with this position.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary $42,125.98 per annum pro rata plus 25% casual loading
Hours of Work will be as and when required. Applicants must have NT Drivers Licence.
Operating under the direction of the Works Team Leader - Ti Tree and in accordance with Central Desert Regional Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for:
- Maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, waste management facilities and Council infrastructure.
- Work duties within the council workshop for the maintenance and operations of plant, equipment and vehicles.
- Working co-operatively with other Council employees (i.e. CDP participants, Essential Service Officer) engaged by Council.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating plant and equipment for community development proposes.
- Demonstrated ability to operate safely within a workshop environment.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
For more information and help with the application please go to the CDP Office or contact the Council Services Manager.