Salary Level 4/5 $60,974.20- $69,226.10 per annum.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position reports to the Council Services Manager. As part of the Works Team you will assist in the delivery of Essential Services as well as leading the Works team at the direction of the Team Leader of Works.
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring that Council’s contractual obligations under the Power and Water Essential Services Agreement are performed in accordance with the Procedures and Operations as defined by Power and Water as and when required.
- Leading and working with staff involved in the maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, waste management, facilities, and Council infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good understanding of work place occupational health and safety principles including the use of Job Safety Analysis process, incident and near miss reporting, chemical data sheets.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work as a team leader and maintain compatibility within a team environment and with other teams within Council.
- Previous experience in the field of road and parks maintenance
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in or the ability to acquire cross cultural competencies.
- Hold a current Drivers licence.
- Trade qualifications, Previous ESO experience.
- Construction Industry Induction (NT White Card or interstate equivalent)
- Basic information technology skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in working with indigenous people.
- Experience in organising and supervising essential services operations.
- Sound Mechanical background.
Contact Person: Shane Vels on 8956 4820 or email@example.com
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org