Salary Level 4/5 $70,120 - $79,610 per annum inclusive of 15% loading.
Accommodation is subsidised at an estimated $13,000pa.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Area Coordinator West, this position is responsible for the oversight of the Youth and Communities team and service delivery, including Youth Patrol and Community Safety Patrol operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience in Youth Patrol or Night Patrol, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
• Demonstrated experience of being responsible for the supervision of staff, and team development
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
• Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
- Use computer programs to produce clear and sound based reports in a timely manner,
- Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
• Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
• Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
• Possession of Certificate IV in Youth Work or Sport and Recreation will be an advantage
• Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage.
Contact Person: Jacob Khumalo on 08 8958 9526 or 0428 094 139.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package. Applicants need to address the selection criteria in writing and submit an "Application for Advert" Form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org