Based in Atitjere. Salary Level 5, $67,077 per annum.
The position also includes an additional 15% loading to reflect requirement to work outside of normal hours creating an attractive salary range of $77,139 - $80,406. In addition, the role comes with accommodation based in Atitjere subsidised at $13,000pa.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in a remote regional centre and operating under the direction of the Area Coordinator, and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation. The Y&C Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the Y&C team and service delivery, including Youth, Sport & Recreation (YSR) activities and Community Safety Patrols. The role includes supervising, mentoring and providing support to Community Sport and Recreation Officer’s (CSRO’s), Community Safety Patrol Officers, volunteers within the Central
Desert Regional Council.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Youth, Sport and Recreation (YSR) or Night Patrol, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Possession of Certificate IV in Youth Work or Sport and Recreation will be an advantage
- Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage.
Contact Person: Jacob Khumalo on 08 8958 9526 or 0428 094 139.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package. Applicants need to address the selection criteria in writing and submit an "Application for Advert" Form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com