Salary Level 5, $66,413.00 - $69,226 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Operations Coordinator and the Manager of Youth and Communities (Y&C) and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for supporting youth predominantly in, but not limited to, the 16-21 year age group. The position will work to improve this youth cohort’s engagement with employment services, education and other development pathways available to them across a discrete region with a focus on Yuelamu, Laramba and Ti Tree. The role will include working closely with relevant service providers to develop youth engagement strategies to improve youth participation in the workforce, education, Youth, Sport and Recreation (YSR) programs and other relevant pathways.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the youth sector displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
• Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
- Use computer programs to produce appropriate and effective reports in a timely manner,
- Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
• Current C Class driver’s license and a willingness to travel to remote communities.
• Meets the requirements of the NT Care and Protection of Children Act
• Be prepared to undergo a Federal Police criminal History check.
• Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
• Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
• Possession of Certificate III or IV in Youth Work will be an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with Indigenous Australians
• Demonstrated experience in working in Culturally and Linguistically diverse environments
• 4WD experience
• First Aid Certificate
Contact Person: Anthony Murphy – Youth & Communities Manager on 0447 871 502.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked 'Confidential' and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.