The community is located off the Stuart Highway 300kms north of Alice Springs. Travel up the Stuart Highway towards Tennant Creek, and turn off highway above Ti Tree towards Mt Barkly, travel 130km to the community.
Council's activities in Willowra:
No. Staff: 34 people (83% Indigenous)
Local Authority: Harold Ross (Chairperson),Kathy Walker (Deputy Chair), Justina Forrest, Jeanie Presley, Lillian Long, Owen Williams, Ashley Martin.
Ward Councillors: Cr Adrian Dixon, Cr Jacob Spencer, Cr Warren Williams, Cr Frreddy Williams, Cr April Martin.
Community Achievements (2018/2019):
- Construction of full size softball oval including team dugouts
- Installation of 9 solar lights to improve community safety
- 35 mature trees planted at residential locations
- Completion of new Aged Care Facility
- Top Tip Award nomination (Keep Australia Beautiful)
Phone (08) 8956 4820
Fax (08) 8956 4920
News from the region
What is happening
Local community vacancies are often available. Please contact the Council office for more information.