Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the General Manager People and Culture, and in accordance with Regional Council’s corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is fundamentally responsible for implementing and ensuring WHS compliance with relevant legislation and policy. You will be a great communicator, with the ability to drive a safety culture, resilient and open minded with the capability to advise and assist staff in appreciating and complying with WHS requirements.
Keys to your success
- Perform short and long-term projects within specific program, including development, review, benchmarking and adaptation of current systems.
- Provide expert advice to staff, management and executive relevant to the specialty program, including interpreting legislation and other relevant standards, policy and procedure.
- Development and delivery of training packages and programs for staff.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and policy requirements within required timeframes, report on non-compliance.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports identifying themes and trends, key issues and contemporary research and practices, identifying risks and providing recommended actions.
- Work closely with Managers and Executive to increase their competency in the specialty program.
- Create complex templates, resources, reports and documents for Managers and Executive as required.
- Develop internal policy, forms and standard operating procedures.
- Actively contribute to and promote a high performance organisational culture in the specialty and wider program.
- Operate professionally in a highly confidential and sensitive environment.
- Ensure safety for yourself and others in the workplace, engage in an effective and proactive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by the Supervisor which are within level.
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $92,986.27 (salary $83,009.20)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
- 12 days of paid TOIL per year
We offer an excellent work/life balance giving you the opportunity to explore this iconic region.
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.