Operating under the direction of the Aged Care Services Manager and under Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination for the Aged Care Services team, in particular Laramba, Lajamanu, Nyirripi and Yuelamu.
Keys to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Aged/Disability Care services, Nursing or Allied health.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people living in remote locations and the ability to provide effective support in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated high standard of computer skills including use of Client Information Management systems, online reporting systems and other computer software applications.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively in multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development principles and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated effective customer service with an ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills and sound knowledge of workforce support and supervision.
- Demonstrated understating of time management techniques, the ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility to adapt to changing operational demands and timelines.
- Knowledge of WH&S principles and the ability to promote them in the workplace.
- Sound decision-making skills, including an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel to remote communities.
- Knowledge of Aged Care programs.
What’s on offer?
- Salary $81,381.56 plus a range of additional benefits including
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- Additional 1 day per month flex leave
- 17% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
This position is based in Alice Springs.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources that provide information on remote communities in the NT. These are available at www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites)
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Marlin De Silva, Manager – Aged Care Services on 08 8958 9563.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to complete the ‘Application for advertised vacancy’ form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org