Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Council will only shortlist applicants from within the NT.
Applications will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until a suitable applicant is identified.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Working with job seekers and community stakeholders, the CDP Activity Supervisor will contribute to the development of place based activity plans and processes. The Activity Supervisor is responsible for supervising and engaging CDP participants in approved activities and assisting them to build capacity and practical skills for future employment opportunities. The role can be diverse and include deliverables in key areas such as meeting KPI's and performance targets, managing stakeholder relationships, and also working closely to mentor local staff members.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications and experience or demonstrated relevant work experience
- Understanding the barriers faced by staff and jobseekers in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Ability to manage, lead and supervise a range of projects that contribute to the job readiness of CDP participants
- A proven ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers
- An ability to actively listen, interpret requirements and provide meaningful feedback and support to CDP participants.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; i.e. good listener, empathy and well developed emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated high levels of professionalism, compliance and attention to detail
- Sound computer literacy and data management skills
- Proven ability to plan tasks appropriately and realistically and meet deadlines
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required
What’s on offer:
The opportunity to build a rewarding career in employment services, Council services and remote Aboriginal communities
The opportunity to live in and explore the diverse beauty of Central Australia
Base salary of $74,101.86 per annum
17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading
6 Weeks annual leave
Subsidised rent in a fully furnished residence
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from http://www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or https://bushtel.nt.gov.au/#!/home (external sites) .
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Francis Madonko, CDP Activities Coordinator - on 0417 563 221
Are you our next CDP Activities Supervisor?
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to complete the ‘Application for advertised vacancy’ form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org