Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
The Team Leader, CDP Activities role is responsible for engaging and supervising Community Development Program (CDP) participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills and realise their employment goals. Working as part of a team, this diverse role works closely with jobseekers, local staff and the case management team to deliver on the CDP program KPIs, staff development and managing stakeholder relationships. You will need to be a creative thinker and problem solver, a team player, an engaging communicator and possess the ability to support disadvantaged individuals. These roles are based in the Central Desert Regional Council remote communities of Yuendumu, Yuelamu, Laramba, Ti Tree and Willowra where the CDRC CDP program is delivered, with travel between communities as required.
Keys to your success:
We are looking for people who want to make a difference by empowering people and communities to become more sustainable and improve quality of life. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on individual with a trade background or someone with lifelong practical experiences looking to escape the busyness of city life, expand their knowledge of remote Australia while being able to save money and have an adventure.
You will be dedicated to improving outcomes for people in remote communities and possess the following:
- Qualifications at trade or Cert IV level or extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a funded community services program.
- Demonstrated ability to plan program activities including accurately allocating time and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work within legislative and funding frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and timely reports on services and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
About the CDRC CDP Program:
CDRC delivers the CDP program in five remote communities in the Central Desert region North West of Alice Springs: Yuendumu, Yuelamu, Laramba, Ti Tree and Willowra. CDP is the Government’s remote employment and community development service. CDP supports job seekers in remote Australia to build skills, address barriers to employment and contribute to their communities through a range of flexible activities. It is designed around the unique social and labour market conditions in remote Australia and is part of the Australian Government’s agenda for increasing employment and breaking the cycle of welfare dependency. CDP offers a broad range of flexible activities to increase participants’ skills and contribute to their community. Read more about CDP here.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to build a rewarding career in employment services, Council services and remote Aboriginal communities
- The opportunity to live in and explore the diverse beauty of Central Australia
- Base salary of $70,139.74
- 10% superannuation
- 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading
- 6 Weeks annual leave
- Subsidised rent in a fully furnished residence
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites) .
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Program Manager, CDP Activities - on 08 8958 9500
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
Are you our next Team Leader, Activities?
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.