Salary Level 6, $72,283.92 per annum plus subsidised accomodation.
Please ensure you address the Selection Criteria attached.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the general direction of the Coordinator CDP Activities and CDP Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for engaging CDP participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills for future employment opportunities. This position will ensure the successful implementation and delivery of regular CDP activities in remote communities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications and experience or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Ability to work with unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers.
- Ability to supervise CDP projects
- An ability to actively listen, interpret requirements and provide meaningful feedback and support to CDP participants.
- A strong ability to build positive relationships with community leaders, staff and families where appropriate.
- A good understanding of the council’s current employment arrangements or a willingness to acquire this knowledge.
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required.
- Possession of relevant mentoring qualifications and experience.
Contact Person: Katherine Mary Hams, Regional Manager - CDP on 0439 805 448
(This position is full time until the 30 June 2019 and may be ongoing subject to funding)
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com