Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the CDP Regional Manager, in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies, relevant legislation and standards, this position is responsible for undertaking and overseeing building work including new builds and repair works in remote communities with Community Development Program participants. The position is responsible for engaging CDP participants so as to build their skills in construction-related work and increase their capacity for employment.
Keys to your success
- Trade qualification and considerable practical experience in the building industry, current builders certification.
- Demonstrated record of successfully completing building projects in remote Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver on-the job training, motivate and supervise diverse participant groups.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and budgeting for construction projects in a remote setting.
- Experience managing construction-related projects including the ability to develop sustainable relationships with different project stakeholders.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and report writing skills, demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and demonstrated experience upholding Occupational Health and Safety requirements in a workplace
Whats on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $111,125.44 (salary $89,144.47)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
A confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting HR Recruitment on (08) 8958 9500 or via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants MUST address the selection criteria detailed in the information package available below. *