Applications will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until a suitable applicant is identified.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role and/ or qualifications in human services, employment services, community welfare, social work or community development
- A proven ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers
- Understanding the barriers faced by staff and jobseekers in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Ability to supervise a range of projects that contribute to the job readiness of CDP participants
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; i.e. good listener, empathy and well developed emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated high levels of professionalism, compliance and attention to detail
- Sound computer literacy and data management skills
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to plan tasks appropriately and realistically and meet deadlines
- A willingness to travel extensively to council service centres as and when required
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to build a rewarding career in employment services, community services and remote Aboriginal communities
- The opportunity to live in and explore the diverse beauty of Central Australia
- Base salary of $74,101.86 per annum
- 9.5% superannuation
- 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading
- 6 Weeks annual leave
- Subsidised rent in a fully furnished residence
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites) .
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Courtney Niesler, Case Management Coordinator on 0858 9500.
Are you our next CDP Case Manager?
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to complete the ‘Application for advertised vacancy’ form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org