Applicants will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until a suitable applicant is identified.
Level 8 ( Salary $89,144.47 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, plus 17.5% pro rata Annual leave Loading)
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director Of Council Services, this position will manage the planning and delivery of Infrastructure Projects for Council including development and use of excellent project management systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in Project Management or equivalent from an Australian University or a recognised overseas equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role (2 - 5 years), using best practice
- Experience in delivery of roads construction/rehabilitation programs, building construction/rehabilitation programs and/or essential service development programs
- Knowledge of risk management and the principles of work health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Access and to operate job related software e.g. Civilcad, Autocad, Mapinfo etc
- Class C Drivers Licence
- WH&S Construction Induction (White) Card or willingness to get one
- Proven and demonstrable ability to manage the key responsibilities for this position
- Through, systematic approach to project management following established procedures
- Ability to develop productive working and interpersonal relationships, including team, negotiation and conflict handling
- Demonstrated effective staff management
- Willingness to be accountable and operate in a transparent fashion
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain high level working relationships with managers, co-workers, government, industry and community stakeholders
- Knowledge of risk management and the principals of work health and safety and ability to promote the in the work place
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross cultural environment
- Willingness to travel to a range of remote service delivery centres
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History check
- Previous experience in Local Government
- Completion of relevant training courses and Certificates
Contact person: Director Council Services, Nick Brown, on 08 8958 9533.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Nick Brown - Director Council Services and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org