Salary Level 8, $86,957.48, per annum.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions
Working with the Director of Community Services and the CDP Regional Manager, and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans and policies, and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for the operational management of the Central Desert Regional Council's Community Development Program.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated experience in community planning and implementing and managing high level employment and community development programs;
- Demonstrated experience in managing the operations of an employment service of a commercial nature with defined performance KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop budgets, interpret financial information and manage external funding;
- Demonstrated experience and a high level of competency in the use and interrogation of on-line client information management and financial management systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance and risk management.
- Experience in managing a team that has diverse skills and is geographically dispersed;
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to a range of service delivery centres throughout the Shire Council;
- Knowledge of the principles of work health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace;
- Demonstrated capacity and experience to think creatively, and resolve conflict.
- A demonstrated understanding of the labour market, particularly in remote communities as well as the vocational education and training environment and their interdependence.
- Formal qualifications in Management, Social Work, Community Development, or other related discipline
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks, ability to obtain an Working with Children Card (OCHRE) and hold a current C Class drivers license
Contact Person: Kate Hams, Director Community Services - on 08 8958 9527 or email Kate.Hams@centraldesert.nt.gov.au.
Applicants will be assessed on receipt and suitable candidates selected with no further notice.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Selectrion Criteria and address the Selection Criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form and emailed to email@example.com