About the role
Operating under the supervision of the Director Community Services and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position is responsible for managing the Council’s Youth and Children’s Services programs to the communities within the Council area.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide innovative, accountable and hands-on leadership in the development and effective management of the Children's and Youth programs in Alice Springs and eight Central Desert communities. The successful candidate will be tasked with providing services in a culturally appropriate and client centred manner and ensure high-level contractual compliance and reporting and quality risk management processes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use their superior management skills and innovation in service delivery to shape the Children's, Youth and Recreation programs into the future. Joining a team full of passion and a commitment to making a difference, the Manager Children and Youth will be supported by an Executive that is dedicated to the organisation's values and drive for positive change.
Keys to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field at a minimum Bachelor level or equivalent
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated experience in financial, human resource and contract management including the ability to prepare, monitor and manage large program budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of child and youth development principles and how this informs service development and delivery
- Demonstrated high level understanding of and experience in asset based community development theory and methodology
- High level analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise, consult and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders, produce complex reports and interpret contracts, policies, guidelines and legislation
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including an ability to manage, motivate and develop a team with diverse backgrounds, experiences, educational attainment and qualifications.
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated understanding of developing and implementing communication strategies
- Sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel to, and stay in, remote locations.
What's on Offer?
- Salary 98,896.46 plus a range of additional benefits including
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days