Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
This position is responsible for ensuring all Councils municipal and contractual services are met and for managing the day to day activities of Council staff, Including core services, general budgeting, reporting and other financial and administrative arrangements. The Coordinator, Council Services also ensures Council assets are appropriately used and maintained, including fleet, plant and infrastructure and assists relevant Council managers with planning, delivery and acquittal of minor capital projects in the community.
Keys to your success
- Ensure Council's core (municipal) service obligations are met as per agreed and mutually developed and prioritized Service level, Works matrix and other relevant standards
- Ensure Councils compliance with relevant Acts, laws regulations and policies including Work Health & Safety obligations in Community
- Ensure on-ground deliverables for contracted programs are met and reporting/finance data provided to Contract Coordinator for relevant contracts including power Water Corporation Essential Services Agreement; outstation grants; Centrelink Agent Services contract; postal Agency Agreement; Aircraft landing Area Agreement; and others that may arise
- Provide effective leadership, direction, mentoring and training to relevant staff and ensure employees maintain and adhere to clear, regularly reviewed Work Plans and performance Reviews
- Work collaboratively with non-core Agency, Commercial and CDP staff within Council
- Develop and maintain positive and successful relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Relevant management or technical tertiary qualifications
- Willingness to undertake further studies and professional development
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $92,986.26 salary ($83,009.19)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites).
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.