Multiple Locations for Council Services Coordinator / Manager and Relief Council Services Coordinator / Manager.
Northern Territory residents are encouraged to apply.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Level 7 - $81,381.65 + 6 weeks annual leave + 17.5 % leave loading + 9.5% superannuation.
Applicants will be interviewed throughout the advertising period until positions are filled.
This position is responsible for ensuring all Councils municipal and contractual services are met and for managing the day to day activities of Council staff, Including core services, general budgeting, reporting and other financial and administrative arrangements. The Council Services Coordinator also ensures Council assets are appropriately used and maintained, including fleet, plant and infrastructure and assists relevant Council managers with planning, delivery and acquittal of minor capital projects in the community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ensure Council's core (municipal) service obligations are met as per agreed and mutually developed and prioritized Service level, Works matrix and other relevant standards
- Ensure Councils compliance with relevant Acts, laws regulations and policies including Work Health & Safety obligations in Community
- Ensure on-ground deliverables for contracted programs are met and reporting/finance data provided to Contract Coordinator for relevant contracts including power Water Corporation Essential Services Agreement; outstation grants; Centrelink Agent Services contract; postal Agency Agreement; Aircraft landing Area Agreement; and others that may arise
- Provide effective leadership, direction, mentoring and training to relevant staff and ensure employees maintain and adhere to clear, regularly reviewed Work Plans and performance Reviews
- Work collaboratively with non-core Agency, Commercial and CDP staff within Council
- Develop and maintain positive and successful relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Relevant management or technical tertiary qualifications
- Willingness to undertake further studies and professional development
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites).
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com