Salary Level: 4 (63,132.67) + 6 weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading + 9.5% superannuation.
Applicants will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until a suitable applicant is identified.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply
Operating under the direction of the Operations Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for minor building maintenance and repairs (if qualified this may include electrical works/repairs). The role requires travel to communities and overnight stays to perform assigned work and related duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Cert IV in Building and Construction or any other trade qualifications on the building and construction field or significant relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the application of standardised procedures and practices including the operation of tools, plant, machinery and /or equipment, in accordance with the requirements of the role.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and to carry out work tasks as directed.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in the delivery of minor repairs and maintenance jobs, site inspections, stock take and associated reports.
- Current NT driving licence C Class or above and competent in driving a 4WD vehicle.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness.
A confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting HR Recruitment on (08) 8958 9500 or via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants MUST address the selection criteria detailed in the information package available below. *