Salary Level 8 $86,957.49 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for managing the governance function of the Central Desert Regional Council. Duties will include operational and strategic work and projects in governance capacity of elected members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities as well as communications with government agencies, private sector, community groups will be amongst other duties to be performed. The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven knowledge of Local Government in the NT or other State including an awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Well developed skills and experience in corporate, risk management, general and change management, strategic planning, project management, negotiation and management of contracts
- Proven oral and written skills with high level computer literacy necessary for the role
- Demonstrated well developed skills and experience of achieving objectives and results in Governance at a Local Government body or other relevant organisation in the areas specified under the duties and responsibilities of this document
- A Local Government, Business/Management qualification or other appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience of governance policies and practices in a local government authority and/or organisation requiring comparable skills and knowledge.
- A willingness to travel to rural and remote service delivery centres (9 communities in Central Desert Region).
For any enquiries of this position please contact our Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing, as well as an application for advert form and emailed to email@example.com