MANAGER COMMUNITY SAFETY PATROL
About the role
Operating under the direction of the Director Community Services and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position is responsible for coordinating and supporting high-quality Community Safety Patrol operations in nine communities within the Central Desert Regional Council area.
The community safety patrols assist communities to take responsibly to prevent anti-social, harmful, destructive and illegal behaviour by offering a calming presence and support role in each of the communities they operate in.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide innovative, accountable and hands-on leadership in the effective management and development of the Community Safety Patrol Program. The Manager will be tasked with shaping the service in a culturally appropriate way while ensuring high-level contractual compliance, reporting and quality risk management processes are adhered to.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use their management skills and innovative approach to remote area service delivery to positively shape the Community Safety Patrol program into a robust and highly effective service. Joining a team full of passion and a commitment to making a difference, the Manager Community Safety Patrol will be supported by an Executive that is dedicated to the organisation's values and drive for positive change.
Keys to your success
- Tertiary qualifications at a minimum diploma or advanced diploma level in a relevant field.
- Considerable practical experience in, or demonstrable high-level understanding of, community service and program delivery in remote Indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in financial, human resource and contract management, including the ability to prepare, monitor and manage large program budgets.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people and service delivery in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of community safety programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of asset based community development theory and methodology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation skills with the proven ability to liaise collaborate and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including an ability to manage, motivate and develop a team with diverse backgrounds, experiences, educational attainment and qualifications.
- Demonstrated understanding of developing and implementing communication strategies in a cross-cultural environment.
- Current NT Driver’s Licence and ability and willingness to travel and work in remote communities for up to a week at a time.
What’s on offer?
· Salary $89,144 plus a range of additional benefits including
· 6 weeks of annual leave
· 4 additional leave days
· Additional 1 day per month flex leave
· 17% leave loading
· Relocation benefits available
· 9.5% superannuation
This position is based in Alice Springs.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources that provide information on remote communities in the NT. These are available at www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or https://bushtel.nt.gov.au/#!/home (external sites)
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Pip Parsonson, Director Community Services on 8958 8100.
Are you our next Manager Community Safety Patrols?
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to complete the ‘Application for advertised vacancy’ form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org