Salary Level 6, $74,101.86 per annum
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Manager Children's and Youth Services and in accordance with Council plans, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for management and coordination of a range of Children Services programs in remote communities. This position will be based in Alice Springs but required to undertake travel to remote communities on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Contribute to the establishment and day-to-day operations of Children's Services teams within the Central Desert region.
- Provide specialist advise to the Manager Children's and Youth Services in relation to program planning and operations, ensuring that the program is operating in compliance with Council's Goals, policies and procedures and funding body requirements.
- Increase the quality of practice in each service and ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities by facilitating quality staff inductions, performance management, quality improvement programs and the implementation of all relevant policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and assist with the coordination of building maintenance and upgrades where required in conjunction with other CDRC staff.
- Ensure that Council records, reports and staff matters are completed in a timely manner. Resolve issues and provide staff training to ensure records are completed accurately.
- Monitor program budgets and ensure that efficiency in program expenses is achieved at all times.
- Assist service Coordinators with issues related to the Child Care Subsidy program.
- Monitor data collection and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in grant management, including grant applications, acquittals, program budgets and managing relationships with funding bodies and government agencies.
- Under the guidance of the Manager and with reference to Council Policy, liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Effectively contribute as a team member of the Community Services Directorate and promote a safe and harmonious work environment.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager.
*Please ensure when you apply you address the selection criteria and attach with your CV.*
A confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting HR Recruitment on (08) 8958 9500 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form and should be emailed to email@example.com