Northern Territory and Darwin applicants are encouraged to apply.
Salary Level: 9 (98,896.56) + 6 weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading + 9.5% superannuation.
Applicants will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until a suitable applicant is identified.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply
This position provides leadership, strategic, legislative and operational advice and direction to the governance compliance, business support services (IT, records and facilities), and communications of the Central Desert Regional Council. The role leads and manages service plans and projects in a governance capacity relating to elected and appointed members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities, as well as communications and public relations work as well as monitoring and reporting on progress against our Regional Plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at a minimum degree or equivalent in Business Management or another related discipline, and a minimum of, 5 years' experience in a similar role. Strong general management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in management or operations in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound and confident decisions and solutions within critical timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies and process relative to governance, compliance, business, support services and communications.
- Demonstrate ability to provide specialist service in ICT or Facilities management.
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise in finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build relationship and consensus among managers, business partners, and employees.
- Demonstrated strong people management skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate employees.
- Excellent communications skills with the demonstrated ability to write comprehensive regular and ad hoc reports.
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience in business process management and contract management.
- Proven knowledge of local government in the NT or other state.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to talk and convey complex information to a broad variety of stakeholders.
A confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting HR Recruitment on (08) 8958 9500 or via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants MUST address the selection criteria detailed in the information package available below. *