Based in Yuendumu
Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Regional Services Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation.
Keys to your success
- Management, oversight and administration of professional services as part of a large service or for an entire smaller service to external and/or internal customers and clients.
- Ensuring quality service delivery across multiple sites as per funding agreements, legislation, Council plans and policy.
- Manage and report compliance with relevant policy, funding agreements, legislation and Council policy.
- Manage, mentor and train staff, ensuring that staff performance expectations, Council policy and WHS obligations are applied.
- Manage program budgets within financial delegation.
- Provision of expert, program specific, technical advice, development of procedures, investigation of issues and provision of recommendations on service improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide frequent formal written and ad hoc reports on the daily operations of site and program delivery across multiple locations.
- Manage complex projects within program area ensuring deliverables and timeframes are achieved.
- Research, develop and implement program activities, and consult with staff, stakeholders and clients to ensure consistent program delivery across multiple sites.
- Ensure safety for yourself and others in the workplace, engage in an effective and proactive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by the Supervisor which are within level.
What’s on offer?
- Total remuneration package of $101,856.13 salary ($90,927.36)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources that provide information on remote communities in the NT. These are available at www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or https://bushtel.nt.gov.au/#!/home (external sites)
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Recruitment on 8958 9500.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package here and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.