Salary Level 4, $63,132.67 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Council Services Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for:
- Daily 'on the job' supervison of a team responsible for road repair and maintenance, as scheduled or as directed.
- Operating road machines as required
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate the staff and resources required to undertake assigned road maintenance/comstruction work
The ideal candidate will have:
• post-trade certificate and/or extensive knowledge and skill gained through on the job training.
• Experience in construction, maintenance and repairing of sealed roads.
• Good knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health requirements
• Experience with safe operation and user maintenance of plant and equipment associated with roads construction and maintenance.
• Proven ability to supervise a small team of employees
•An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
Current NT HR License
Current General Construction Safety 'White' card
Vaiid First aid certificate or willing to obtain one.
Contact person: Nishantha Perera – Roads Manager on 08 8958 8109 or email Nishantha.Perera@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org