People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role will include weekly travel to the Yuendumu Community, leaving Monday and returning Friday. Because of the travel required, this role is entitled to receive Travel Allowance in addition to your salary.
Operating under the direction of the Regional Manager, Roads and Capital Projects and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation.
Keys to your success
- Safely operate road plants including ,graders, loaders and trucks
- Coordinate materials and resources.
- Maintenance of unsealed and sealed roads.
- Daily 'on the job' supervision of a team responsible for road repair and maintenance, as scheduled or as directed.
- Operating road machines including graders
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate the staff and resources required to undertake assigned road grading/maintenance/construction work
- Post-trade certificate and/or extensive knowledge and skill gained through on the job training.
- Experience in construction, maintenance and repairing of sealed and unsealed roads.
- Good knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
- Proven ability to supervise a small team of employees.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
- Current NT HR License.
- Current General Construction Safety 'White' card.
- Valid First Aid certificate or willing to obtain one.
What’s on offer?
- Total remuneration package of $72,135.15 salary ($64,395.33)
- Travel Allowance of $250pw
- Vehicle to travel in and out of the Community
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
To apply for this position please download the Information Package to address the selection criteria. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter.